In the modern world, refrigerators have turned out to be such a necessity, ignoring which can lead to suffering from some inevitable problems, which will be beyond your expectations. Your refrigerator keeps your fruits, vegetables, and other eatables fresh and cool for a long time, as well as ice cream and confectionaries frozen. A refrigerator also makes it possible to enjoy cold sodas and juice. The cool water keeps you comfortable in hot climates while ensuring your dairy products are safe. Today, in this post I will show you some of the best Eco friendly refrigerator in India.
The following characteristics of Eco friendly refrigerator in India:
Here is the some eco friendly refrigerator characteristics you must know
Compliance with new regulations – In order to buy an eco-friendly refrigerator, one should always check the labels and energy equipment to make sure they conform to the country’s energy regulations.
Reduction of a carbon footprint – Another characteristic of an eco-friendly deep freezer in India is the fact that the product should contain detailed specifications as to how the product has been created and how much energy it consumes compared to an old model. Particularly, if the company has transparent CSR policies that contribute to the environment and are legally acceptable.
Environment-friendly refrigerants – Many ice cube machines and water coolers in India that are meant to be environmentally friendly do not contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFC), which harm the ozone layer. Choosing an eco-friendly deep freezer that does not use chemical refrigerants is probably the best choice.
Efficient functions – Go for water coolers or ice machines that have advanced technology and a design that is made to last.
Alternatives to electricity – In many parts of the world, there is no electricity, and even in urban areas, global warming is becoming a problem that cannot be ignored.
Eco-friendly deep freezers being designed by engineers should keep in mind that in future, refrigerators may be manufactured to function without electricity. Refrigerators are an example of an appliance that can benefit a lot from solar power. No matter if it’s for vaccine storage in rural areas with warmer climates, or in suburban areas where power outages are a daily occurrence, thermodynamics is used to keep refrigerators cool and usable for all.
List of the Eco friendly refrigerator in India
The following is a list of highly energy efficient refrigerators that are known for their eco-friendliness.
01. Haier 570 L with Inverter Side by Side Refrigerator
There has been a recent launch of Haier’s twin Inverter refrigerator in India. It allows the fan motor and the compressor to work properly.
It prevents fluctuations in the compressor by ensuring that it runs on DC.
Frost-free technology in this refrigerator doesn’t allow ice accumulation.
With its capacity of 570 litters, it becomes a highly energy-efficient appliance that can accommodate a large family.
A toughened glass shelf with spill-proof capabilities is included. Its PUF insulation keeps the freezer-fridge ratio at an acceptable level.
A smart holiday function, noise control, and a one-touch global display are included as well.
Being user-friendly and eco-friendly, this appliance features R600a, which is very low in Global Warming Potential (GWP).
In addition to the one-year warranty, you’ll get a 10-year warranty on the fan and compressor.
- The sleek design makes it easy to integrate into any modular kitchen. This will enhance your kitchen’s overall appeal for sure.
- You can conveniently store food in this refrigerator with its new SBS function. Perfect freezer to fridge ratio.
- The refrigerator has a 90-degree contoured door so that you can open it completely and take items out without hassle.
- With its intelligent holiday function, you can be less concerned about maintaining the perfect temperature as it automatically adjusts the temperature when you are out of home.
- This appliance features the noise-control technology which is responsible for quiet functioning of the refrigerator.
- Quality is never compromised.
- It is super efficient with a smart sensor and less energy consumption feature.
- A single touch activates the Super Cool & Super Freeze feature, which cools food quickly.
- Excellent deal in this price range.
- Designed for modular kitchens only.
- Water Dispenser is missing.
02. LG 687 L Frost Free Inverter Linear Side-by-Side Refrigerator
The new LG refrigerator comes with a linear inverter compressor that saves energy. Built with a maximum storage capacity of about 687 litres, enough for a family of around 6 members.
Multiple air vents make sure all the products in the fridge remain cool and fresh by spreading cold air in all directions. Troubleshooting problems is easy and spontaneous with the Smart diagnosis feature. Multi-digital sensors balance external and internal temperature with ease. Appliances are provided with a one year warranty and compressors with ten years. This refrigerator is meant for those who hate compromising on quality, design, and durability.
- With the linear inverter compressor, 51% of energy is saved along with 25% noise reduction.
- Contains a unique anti-bacterial deodorization feature for 99.9% prevention of bacteria build-up. Food inside the refrigerator will retain its smell thanks to this feature.
- There are multiple sensors in the refrigerator to regulate temperature and deliver superior cooling in every corner.
- Storage capacity of more than 600 liters.
- With the SmartThinQ app, you can control the refrigerator even when you are not at home. Thus saving your time and money.
- Innovative features maintain humidity level.
- Super good looking and enhances your kitchen interior.
- Not really a budget-friendly refrigerator.
- Sometimes it’s difficult to connect with the app.
03. LG 679 L Frost Free Inverter Linear Side
It is another superb LG Frost Free, Side-by-Side refrigerator, featuring an inverter compressor to minimise energy consumption, as well as Auto Defrost to prevent ice buildup.
The appliance works without noise-free. A family of 6 to 7 members can get their work done with this refrigerator of 679 L capacity. Its toughened glass shelf is easy to clean and works with several digital sensors.
There is a one-year warranty for the refrigerator and a ten-year warranty for the compressor.
- Through the use of this moist balance crisper feature, a constant moisture level is maintained in the fridge with the use of a lattice pattern box for preserving freshness.
- Multi Digital Sensors are incorporated into this refrigerator, which help in maintaining a stable temperature by adjusting to the temperature of the food inside.
- This LG refrigerator features Smart Diagnosis to solve issues you might encounter.
- With the Linear Inverter Compressor the costs and energy are saved by 51%, and a 25% reduction in noise level.
- Your kitchen interior will look great with it.
- Its products are long-lasting and don’t compromise on performance.
- With adequate cooling and the latest features, this is a great purchase.
- The refrigerator does not have a water dispenser.
- It is expensive.
04. AmazonBasics 564 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator
This is the ideal side by side refrigerator with a water dispenser. In 2021, Amazon is offering the best frost-free refrigerator in this price range. Other brands in the market have been unable to compete with the appliance.
A number of drawers provide extra back storage, so you can store a greater amount of food. A patented auto-defrost system prevents ice cubes from building up on the shelf which is again of high quality. A family consisting of five members can conveniently benefit from this refrigerator with a huge capacity of 564L. About 2-3 units of power are consumed by the appliance each day. When you attach the water dispenser to a water supply line, it will work. With the dispenser you get cold water even if the refrigerator isn’t open. Refrigerators have a one-year warranty and compressors have a five-year warranty. The cooler is on the right while the chiller is on the left.
- There is a unique LED panel built into the refrigerator with which you can control the temperature with ease.
- This storage is suitable for any family type.
- The refrigerator operates quietly.
- BPL 564 L comes with an external water dispenser that allows you to access cold water even when the door is closed.
- Maintains circulation of cool air inside the refrigerator through a multi-airflow system, keeping your vegetables and fruit fresh for longer.
- A quick-freeze feature in the freezer allows the food to be cooled instantly.
- The internal load temperature is maintained by the Smart AI mode.
- Energy efficiency is not a priority for this appliance.
- Compressor is independent of the inverter type.
- Occasionally, the water dispenser stops working.
- The company lacks customer service.
05. Samsung 700 L Inverter Frost Free Side
Samsung dominates the refrigerator market in India with its latest side-by-side model. With ‘spacemax’ technology, the refrigerator’s interior offers maximum storage, whereas its outside measures a standard size.
A comprehensive balanced cooling system blows air in all directions to keep the food cool. As a result, the food doesn’t become stale.
A digital inverter technology inverter compressor powers the refrigerator, which saves energy and is quiet as well, as it automatically adjusts the cooling demand. Food can be stored in this appliance for up to 700 litres.
One year of warranty is provided on this side-by-side refrigerator.
- The sleek design complements your kitchen interior and enhances it.
- Vegetables and fruits can be stored in large boxes.
- Stunning doors with recessed handles which do not protrude outward.
- Through its digital inverter technology, you can regulate the cooling speed up to seven levels, protecting it from wear and tear.
- SpaceMax technology allows the walls to be sleek, while creating minimal insulation and high efficiencies.
- Power Cool boosts the refrigerator’s cooling power by 31% so it can chill fast.
- The activated carbon filters in the deodorising filter help preserve your food’s aroma.
- The refrigerator is built with high-quality materials, and its durability is apparent.
- Water dispensers are not included.
- There are no extra shelves for food storage.
- Despite its high price, it lacks convertible features.
06. Bosch 661 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
A top-of-the-line product from Bosch India, a well-known brand. An automatic defrosting system prevents ice from building up in the product. This appliance consumes 639 units of energy annually.
Unlike conventional compressors, the inverter compressor is user-friendly and energy-efficient. There is toughened glass that is spill-proof, as well as a multi-airflow system.
The Bosch refrigerator with 661 litres of storage is ideal for a joint Indian family.
This device includes modes like ‘easy clean’ and two cooling systems.
In addition to a 10-year compressor warranty, the refrigerator comes with a one-year warranty.
- A PUF insulation feature helps this refrigerator maintain low temperatures and provide better cooling.
- Two independent cooling systems guarantee that the cool air is distributed evenly throughout all fridge corners.
- The unit is fitted with a sensor-based Vario inverter compressor, which reduces electrical bills and costs. A good LED bulb provides excellent illumination and makes picking up food more convenient.
- The appliance is quiet to operate, with easy removal and cleaning of its components.
- By using a touch button, the unit cools faster, keeping the food fresh and eliminating odours.
- Comparatively, this refrigerator has ample storage.
- A simple shelf makes storing food in the back easy, while the safety glass holds up to 180 kg, perfect for storing meat.
- All temperatures are maintained at their optimum, which automatically changes when it is humid outside.
- Despite not being a premium product, its price is high.
Things to consider while buying an Eco friendly refrigerator in India
01. Capacity: What sized fridge should you have?
It’s probably the most important thing to consider when buying a fridge. Did you know that how well your refrigerator works depends on the amount of food it holds? When your fridge is overfilled, it won’t be able to circulate cold air effectively, which will negatively affect the quality of your food. Alternatively, if you buy a bigger model than you need, you’ll waste power and end up spending more.
Here’s a guide to choosing the right size of your new fridge from Appliances Online:
It’s also important to consider the amount of power your new fridge will consume – since it will be plugged in and running constantly. It is easy to choose wisely if you look at your potential fridge’s energy rating and look for five-star products.
02. Refrigerator features
Nowadays, refrigerators can do amazing things. You can watch television on some models while cooking, and some models come with touchscreen displays to keep track of groceries and expenditures. Listed below are a few of the extras that you could have chosen to bundle with your refrigerator purchase.
03. Smart/internet capability
Keeping food fresh isn’t the only function of smart fridges. Similarly to smart washing machines, smart refrigerators often connect to your Wi-Fi to run specific functions or work with other smart appliances. In some models, it is possible to do things such as:
The screen on the door of the fridge allows you to peek inside
Checking your calendar
You can access your fridge remotely using your smartphone
04. Integrated auto-defrosting system
Today, many refrigerators and freezers feature frost-free technology, which eliminates the need to manually scrape out ice and defrost them. Auto-defrosting is an automatic cycle, involving periodic heating of the cooling element of a fridge to melt the accumulated frost; the melted frost drains into a drainage port. During the auto-defrosting cycle, a fridge’s internal temperature rises no more than 15 degrees for about 15 minutes, and it takes anywhere from 6 to 24 hours to repeat the cycle. By using an auto-defrosting system you get better air circulation, there is no mess or stickiness on your fridge shelves caused by condensation, and it saves you the time and hassle of having to defrost your fridge manually.
05. Climate monitoring
Smart refrigerators have temperature and humidity sensors that constantly monitor the fridge’s internal conditions and adjust the temperature accordingly.
06. Dispensers for water and ice
Built-in water dispensers and ice makers are convenient features that give you ice and cool water on tap, literally! However, you’ll likely need to hire a plumber before you can install your refrigerator.
07. Adjustable shelving
Many modern refrigerators come with removable shelves, usually made of glass or plastic, that can be positioned at different heights to create larger or smaller spaces as needed. Models with higher prices often come with rolling shelves or retractable shelves, and some bottom mount freezers have stacked drawers for easier accessibility.
08. Produce storage
Separate drawers for fruits and vegetables are another common feature of modern fridges. These compartments feature an inbuilt humidifier, which keeps produce fresh. Some vegetable crispers claim to maintain optimal freshness for as long as possible, usually with the help of a brand’s ‘special’ technology.
After reading this guide, you should have a better idea of what to look for, so check out our refrigerator ratings and compare brands before you go shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a refrigerator keep food fresh?
You can keep your edibles for longer by keeping the temperature low. This prevents mould and bacteria from growing and prolongs their life. You can maintain your food’s ideal temperature with a refrigerator, which inhibits the growth of bacteria, Prevents food from spoiling, maintaining its freshness even under extreme conditions.
Is refrigerator size related to the amount of electricity it consumes?
Electricity consumption is directly affected by the size of the refrigerator. A larger refrigerator generally consumes more power. While some refrigerators in India use the latest technology for minimum energy electricity consumption.
Energy Star – what is it?
Your refrigerator’s energy star rating is a measure of its power consumption. A lower rating indicates a greater power consumption. One should purchase a refrigerator with a high star rating so as to help with saving money on electricity bills.
What is the price of a refrigerator in India?
A refrigerator’s price depends on its type, model, brand, quality, and size. The average cost of a good one, according to your demand, is between 3000 and 6000 dollars. If your preferences are different, you may have to spend a little more or save a lot.
How long can my refrigerator last?
Usually, a small refrigerator lasts between 12 and 15 years. In contrast, a standard refrigerator lasts about 17 years. A few brands provide warranties of up to 20 years. Maintaining your refrigerator properly can extend its lifespan even further.
Choosing the best Eco friendly refrigerator in India is not an easy task. A refrigerator must be chosen based on several factors such as price, brand, capacity, and door type. Often, space is overlooked, so it’s important to think about space in your kitchen.
A perfect kitchen is one where everything has its own place, from the food processor to the dishwasher. As a result, the kitchen operates smoothly. The only thing you need to keep in mind is your budget when buying the best Eco friendly refrigerator in India. Be sure to take time to read this article thoroughly prior to your purchase.